Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The Weather is not always good in Paradise, But it is sure better than other places.

I have just lived throught 5 days of very cold and wet weather here in the Valley. Temps here dropped 40 degrees as two fronts back to back made their journey from the North country throught Texas and out into the Gulf.  We actually had 2 days of almost steady rain that turns the dirt and gravel roads with the park into a gumbo stew.  Luckily most of the roads here are paved but I am not so fortunate. My site borders on the new expansion area with hundreds of feet of exposed water, electric and sewer ditches. When it rains the area is truly sticky and some of that stuff flows where my travelway is.  But my site is high enough that I am not too impacted.

View from their Room
Lee, Jay, Rita and Bob
Lee, Jay and I journeyed to South Padre Island to visit out friends Bob and Rita from Iowa.  They are spending several days on the Island as a precursor to an annual trip to Savannah Georgia for their annual St. Patty's day celebration. They stayed at the Northern End of the Island here.The day we were there had temps in the high 60s with light winds.We ate a little. Drank a little and told stories on the other a lot.  It was a great reunion. I hope to see then In San Antonio, Texas as I make my way back north in March.

Speaking of eating...We have a snowbird restaurateur team here in the park.  He and his wife have an eating establishment back home in Michigan that family members run when they head south for the winter. Every week he and his wife prepare a soup and salad meal as a fun raiser for the activities club.  This week they added on a spaghetti supper of shrimp Alfredo or Italian meatballs. I acted as a waiter for 2 hours and had a blast giving complete service to my assigned tables.  It was well received and will happen again in February featuring a different main course.
Who says you can not teach an old dog new tricks!

No comments:

Post a Comment