Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Its the middle of April here with a late posting...


This cutie with the green hair is not Daisy but my friend and country western dancing pardner Rebecca. We do take a great picture. This is one of the last pictures I took before leaving the Rio Grande Valley and heading North.

And now the rest of the story:

The Alabama Miskowskis

Ok, I am getting behind in keeping my blog up to date. I have good reason to be distracted and will remind you of that at the end. This blog is is a collage of two months starting with a visit to Alabama in early April to visit my grand boys and their parents. Daisy was finishing up a stressful major report and decided to wind down with a trip to meet me at my daughter Shannon's and Matt's in the SE part of Alabama. We would be there for Easter, so of course Daisy brought a unique gift that would make the little guys smile. She found this little toy rabbit that hopped and sang "Here comes Peter cottontail, hopping down the bunny trail." The guys were thrilled and the dog was inquisitive to say the least.
As you can see the boys did not enjoy this new family member!
Levi and his big brother Josiah


Underneath this pillow fight is Daisy...I think!




Something old and something young



Little Levi is in the buggy preparing for Shannon to take him and the dog for a little run.


We had a grand time playing with the boys and honoring Easter with Shannon and Matt at their place of worship. Shannon is in the praise choir and it reminded me of her days as a Young American in California. She is just as bouncy praising God as performing on stage. After Easter, Daisy and I took several days to be by ourselves on the beach near Panama City, Florida. We were in between the college groupies and the high school breaks. The beaches were almost deserted and we never had to wait to eat out. The temps were in the mid 70s to mid 80s with light winds and the waters were acceptable.

Life on the beach just after the college kids are gone...it's tough

turquoise waters, white sugar sands and shades
Easter at the beach on the Gulf of Mexico









 

I am not a cat person but this one was just below our outdoor table checking us out




Daisy and I do enjoy seafood and we had fun searching for the best eateries in the area. We found a few!

Would you believe this is called stuffed oysters..bacon, cheese, chives...


Our new motto....


Soft shell crab for breakfast...Daisy's












We found many places to dance, dine and drink of the local wares (read winery). All good things must come to an end they say. So we bid our fare-thee-wells to the beach and family. Daisy went back to Virginia and I to Arkansas.

Roy and Judi came to visit me for 2 weeks after I returned from Alabama
The plus thing for me is that only shortly after I got back to Holiday Island, my good friends Roy and Judi came to visit. We had been planning this visit for some time. They stayed a couple of weeks. We shared household duties and Roy helped me install shelving and floor molding in what many are now calling the man cave. I call it my storage room.

One of the plus things that happened was having the opportunity for Roy and Judi to meet my friend Carol. I have talked about each to the other for many years and we were able to break bread together and share Chip stories. They enjoyed that part.
A trio of good buddies and best friends at the house in Arkansas

 



Roy and Judi suffered while staying with me...




Roy and Judi departed saying that even though they spent many days with me, that it was okay and that they look forward to coming back and having Daisy here!



Starting in August a new blog featuring Daisy, the truck camper and me of course!



No comments:

Post a Comment