 |
| The shades, the hat, the man... |
I have time for this last posting to catch things up before the wedding. I am in Virginia. Daisy has not officially retired yet, so guess who is being the supreme go-fer. Yours truly of course. Daisy and I plan at night and I execute during the store hours. Actually its fun! Including doing parades. More on that shortly....
 |
| before prep |
 |
| after pouring |
Our winter place lot in Texas is now poured and waiting for our arrival and occupation. We will however have to make a quick visit to move the 'house on wheels' from a temporary lot to this improved lot in late September. Utilities are already connected and waiting.
 |
| Phyllis at the Blues Fest field |
 |
| Notice the rope across Darlene's foot. It's to keep the boat near. |
But before I left Arkansas, I did take the time to play with friends on the lake and in the open fields...
I arrived in Virginia in enough time for Daisy and me to go to northern Georgia to attend a wedding of Scott and Regina. Regina I met several years ago at a resort in San Antonio. Daisy and I used their ceremony and got some ideas in the planning for ours. Theirs was very casual and out-of-doors. With the BBQ and dance party that followed it can best be described as a fun event.

Over the fourth of July, Daisy gave me the opportunity to be in the town's Independence Parade as a walker for the Democratic party float. The last float I was connected to had Smokey Bear in it some years ago. So I put on my uniform of hat and a 'Young Democrat' color coordinated T-shirt and had a ball.
 |
| Office staff: Jeanette, Kathy, Nancy and Darlene |
|

I also attended two retirement parties and a birthday party for Daisy that was hosted by her workmates. There were lots of tears, smiles and warnings for me to take good care of her or else!
 |
| Bill presented her a picture of her first office building when she came to VT. |
|
|
|
 |
| Picnic basket gift from the ladies |
 |
| Mall entrance to the campus where she worked and I attended |
|
|
|
|
Only two days till the wedding. My kids and grandboys are coming in a few hours from California and Alabama, and close friend are also arriving today from Rhode Island. Tomorrow my Colorado buddies show up along with other siblings and family and close-by friends. Let the festivities begin!
thanks for sharing Chip, Daisy we give you our friend in good faith, in good health,in darn good shape,you keep an eye on his waist line and his beautiful heart,wish I could be there to share your joy, drink a toast from a friend, the best to you both, with love Rita and Bruce
ReplyDelete