 |
| 5 'aces' |
I went on my first ever "Poker Run". The purpose of this event is to be a fund raiser for the activities program here at the park. Each person pays $11 upfront for a chance to be the sole winner of $100 at the end of the game. There are 5 stops involved. At each stop we support the local food or drink vendor first. Then each person rolls a cup of 5 dice and we count the number of '1's (aces) for each person. After we return to the park the one with the most aces wins the pot.
 |
| Notice the straight out red flag! |


The weather was really raw today. It was rainy, temps in the 40s and 30 mph winds off the Gulf. Yet 38 resort people here used cars, trucks and vans to travel 70 miles for a day of fun, food and fellowship. Stop 1 was a bakery in the town of Rio Hondo 31 miles from the park. This was the community that I use to winter in. I rolled 2 aces. The highest rolled was 4. After 30 more miles we made Stop 2 - an outside beach bar on South Padre Island gulf. I rolled 2 aces. The highest rolled was 4. Stop 3, five miles away, was a bar on the bay. I rolled 2 aces again. The highest rolled 3. Stop 4, three miles away, was an all u can eat fish restaurant. My luck changed...I rolled 1 ace (bummer). The highest was 3. On Our return to the park I roll another ace. Well the winner had 11 aces and all I got out of this was a great time with good food and drink. Now I am back in the RV. I have the fireplace on to take the chill out and a kindle book that I have just downloaded to read. Life could be worst. I am good.
 |
| Lots of signs at the beach bar... |
 |
| Ive got friends in low places.... |
 |
| and can spell? |
No comments:
Post a Comment